Well finally I can share our humble little caravan revamp. It is actually not as nice as I know it could look, seeing as though I took the after pics while we were on holiday, so there is a lot of stuff out and not as "made up" as I would like. But it does give an idea of what we did to it.
It was quite a big job but totally doable. Hubby and I worked on it together and only took a few days to complete.
In this first picture you can see a top cupboard we removed. The top cupboard was always in the way. We couldn't do much on the counter top as we would bump heads on the cupboard. Also it made the caravan seem smaller and claustrophobic. Removing it turned out to be a bigger job than anticipated as the cupboard was screwed in from the fridge cupboard which wasn't possible to take out! He ended up sawing the screw heads off! In the meantime we put two spray painted metal rods on the side to hide the ugly wood with the sawed off screw heads until we figure out what to do with with it to cover it up but not add anything bulky.
In the photo below, you can see what it looks like with the cupboard gone-so much more roomier and open!
Check out the ugly rusted fridge! We have had our caravan for a good 7 or so years now, so it's had it's fair of wear and tear. And in desperate need of some TLC. Hubby sprayed the Fridge with rust-proof Green paint after sanding off all the rust spots.He also attached a cute little latch for the fridge door, and even put some pretty vinyl strips on the wood parts!
In this pic you can see my new curtains I made. Simple drops, nothing fancy, but so pretty, light and airy. And just on wire so that it's quick and easy to take off and wash.
In this pic you can see the pattern on the wall paper and curtains nicely. (and my blankets in actions!)
And lastly,just another close up shot of the wall paper.