Thursday, February 27, 2014

Summer 2013/2014...

Hello!!!
Is this is a surprise??? Well it is for me too...
Although I often think about my little blog and miss writing and sharing photos, I know I made the right decision. So this is not going to be a regular thing again, just popping in on a whim.*waving hello*

It's hard to believe we are almost in the third month of 2014!

December 2013.
Start of our Summer season.
School holidays.
Visit to Aspidistra Nursery.
The most delicious caramel, chocolate-chip oreo muffin EVER...

 Love the Crochet pillar...
 Vintage pots used as planters.



Stellenbosch...
Vintage hunting







 Botanical Gardens...




 Our annual family camping holiday...in the Cederberg Mountains...










More Vintage hunting...









January 2014.
Started growing cucumbers and Butternut.


Two weeks later...(end Jan)
  
12 Feb 2014

19 Feb 2014

They have flowers on now (end Feb 2014!)


Lot's of baking (as always!)















Home made pizza from scratch.

Vergelegen

Flowers...

 more...
 yet more

 





Crochet...


 

 




 

Summer beach sunset...

Coffee...always coffee





Sunsets, harbor, Fish and chips and sea...










The Weather

Some gloomy, rainy days..



but mostly sunny and clear skies




Reading...





Watching...



 Enjoying the last of Summer..Saturday Autumn officially starts...






Wow..3 months...a whole summer...
xxx

6 comments:

aquascrap said...

Hi Bonnie (waving back)

What a lovely surprise! Wow, your photos are stunning as always. Loved your vintage shops photos....now that hubby is retired guess where I am going to drag him off to....lol. I gotta get me some of those old cooking pots and use them as planters.

Beautiful photos of the mountains where you took your holidays and of your cooking.

Yep summer is over here for us to as of tomorrow. Not that I can say I will miss it. We have had such extremely hot weather this summer I am waiting for the warm days and cooler nights where at least you can sleep without the aircon on.

Look forward to seeing your next season's photos.

Judy xx

redjanfan said...

How lovely to get your "wave"! I think of you often and pin the odd bit of crochet that I adore and think you might like. I don't crochet, never learned but do most everything else that involves a needle!! Your flowers are lovely as ever and enjoyed your "time lapse" cucumbers or were they squash?! Beautiful scenery in your mountain camping trip.
We have grandkids arriving in 3 weeks for spring break and we'll be up at the ski hill with them. Fun times. My daughter came for Christmas and that made it very special, she lives so far away now, only 3 or so hour flight but too far to drive so we don't get together often. Thank goodness for Skype and FB.
Posted a bunch of tags on FB that I did with Prima Doll stamps. I made a flip book of family birthdays for my sister and bro-in-law for Christmas, with a special 6x10"- tag for each person which I tried to personalize for each one. That meant I had to learn about her DH's family which was fun too. Have a peak if you like, it's under Jan Perry, and I'm from Kamloops, British Columbia Canada, you'll have to friend me to see.
That's me - waving back Bonnie!!

Hannelie said...

So good to see you again Bonnie!
As always your beautiful photos make me want to come home!
Thanks for sharing!

Lilylindys said...

Wow, I just stumbled upon your blog via a beautiful crochet blanket picture in Pinterest. I just thought you might like to know you made someone smile, looking forward to reading back through your posts and seeing some more lovely crochet inspiration :)

MsBittyKnacks said...

Absolutely beautiful post, love all the fabulous photos, Thanks for sharing ��

KarinH said...

Hi Bonnie - what a lovely post. Love all your creativeness and your baking makes me hungry.

ps Thank you also for popping in to my blog on my Greyton post. I am still a bit smitten with the place.

Take care.